Two-time Emmy Award winning creative with 17 years of experience in Motion Design, Compositing, and Animation.
Smart risk taker. Good instincts. Broad creative experience. Humble, mature, and respectful. Values teamwork and collaboration. Leadership experience. Comfortable both giving feedback and taking direction. Meticulous eye for detail. Passion for television, film and technology.
SHADOWS INTERACTIVE INC. Los Angeles, CA.Jan 2019 to Present Lead Compositor / Animator
Working for a startup associated with a leading L.A. animation studio. Can't publicly disclose any details! 🤐
Freelance. San Francisco Bay Area, CA.Jun 2006 to Present Motion Graphics Designer / Director / Animator
Commissioned for a range of projects from product launches, to explainer videos, to educational museum exhibits. Extensive experience telecommuting.
Clients include FX Networks; Manchester United; Lexus; Royal Bank of Scotland; Brighton Museum & Art Gallery; The Fryderyk Chopin Museum, Warsaw; Umbro; Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs Museum.
FLOYD COUNTY PRODUCTIONS. Atlanta, GA.
Worked on 100 episodes of the Emmy Award winning FX series Archer. Tackled multiple ongoing projects and ever-present deadlines in a fast paced, team-centric production. Occupied a number of senior roles…Jul 2014 to April 2018 Transmedia Director / Creative Director
- Took an informed risk and reached beyond my motion graphics role to steer the studio into an era of interactive storytelling.
- Founding member and Creative Director of the Interactive Multiplatform Storytelling team which expanded the Archer universe, reached out to fans in innovative new ways, and helped promote the show.
- Devised, developed, and directed three large scale interactive productions: the two-time Emmy Award winning multiplatform ARG experience Archer Scavenger Hunt 2015 and Archer Scavenger Hunt 2016, and the two-time Clio Gold Award winning iOS & Android AR app Archer, P.I. (2017).
- Responsible for orchestrating the overall vision of each production. Deeply involved in all aspects from start to finish.
- Wrote clear and concise presentation packages (inc video narration) to submit the projects for award consideration.
- Co-presented two successful 12 minute presentations to a jury of experts at the Television Academy in 2015 & 2016.
- Interviewed on NPR's Marketplace Tech Report about the story and origins of Archer Scavenger Hunt.
- The studio's first and only Motion Designer during my tenure.
- Interviewed by Art Of The Title about my contribution to the opening titles, which are recreated each season.
- Created all Motion Design and Fantasy UI content for Archer and other shows the studio produced.
- Designed and animated UI elements for the Archer, PI app. Worked with a team of developers to prototype and optimize for live code.
- Duties included scene setups, character rigging, character animation, compositing Flash and Harmony scenes in After Effects, and VFX compositing.
- Established VFX looks, color grades, and user friendly templates for future use by myself and other After Effects compositors.
- Promoted to a Senior Animator in 2011 and mentored a team of animators.
Radical Axis. Atlanta, GA.Jul 2009 to Apr 2010 Animator / Compositor
Worked on the first season of Archer under the employment of cult animation studio Radical Axis, creators of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I also worked on the Adult Swim show Squidbillies as a compositor.
Centre Screen. Manchester, UK.Oct 2002 to Jun 2006 Motion Graphics Designer / UI & UX
Worked on museum exhibits and social awareness campaigns at a leading UK production company.
- Created motion graphics for DVDs, apps, web, and large scale multi-screen audio visual experiences
- Developed a strong understanding of TV / 10-foot design and its differences to web and print
- Designed rich user interfaces for touchscreen interactive exhibits
Clients included Astra Zenica; BBC; Museum of Science & Industry, Manchester; KPMG; Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum; Hong Kong Wetlands Park; UK Department of Health; National Space Centre.
Emmy Award Juror2018As a member of the Television Academy's Interactive Media Peer Group, and a previous two-time winner, I was honored to participate in a 12 person panel of industry experts to review and vote upon the entries in the 'Outstanding Innovation In Interactive Media' category for the 70th Emmy Awards.
Best Use Of Augmented Reality
Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media – Multiplatform Storytelling
Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Animation, Directing, Creative Directing, Video Editing, UI, UX, Interactive Design, Multiplatform Storytelling, Illustration, 3D, Photography, Videography, Photo Retouching, Color Grading, Sound Design, Music.
After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Sketch, Adobe XD, Keynote, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Audition, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Lightroom, Flash, Xcode, Unity, HTML, CSS.